04 February 2007

Feb. 3, 2007 Trax

Trax 1-3 went out to my sister, Jaysie:
1. Orbital & Angelo Badalamenti: Beached [Warner Music: Aus.]
2. Moby: Porcelain [Mute]
3. Coldplay: Clocks (Röyksopp's Trembling Heart Mix) [Parlophone]
4. Pink Floyd vs. Underworld: Born Numb [White]; Haven's Request
5. Plummet: 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover (CS-Jay Club Mix) [Big 3]; Requested by Mark from Bartlett
6. ATB F/ Yolanda Rivera: 9PM (Till I Come) (Sequential 1 Rmx) [More Music Italy]
7. Garbage: Queer (Rabbit in the Moon's Heftybag Mix) [Hallucination]
8. Madonna: Skin [Maverick]
9. Mike Koglin F/ Jacqui Sawyer: The Silence (Tekara Mix) [Acalwan]

10PM: Rush Taylor's Finely Mixed Liquid Funk Set, "Fun De Mental" - Booyah!
Compiled & mixed on December 9, 2006
=========================
01. Now More Than Ever - Logistics
02. Letting Go - Lomax & BCee
03. Beholder - Blame
04. Remember Me - Dan Marshall
05. Hear of Love - SKC & Bratwa
06. Listen In - Trei
07. Black Water - Blu Mar Ten
08. Fool In Your Eyes (Track 1) - Beta 2 & Lariman
09. Turn Around - Jazz Thieves
10. Inside Tonight - Greg Packer
11. Switch Blade - Laroque
12. Main Chance - Redeyes
13. Drive In, Drive By - Baron
Jazzy, trippy, packed with music theory & vocals: One of the best DnB compilations I've ever heard. Superbly mixed, Dave!

1. Depeche Mode: Personal Jesus (Boys Noize Re-work) [Mute]; Mom's Request
2. Big Black Boot: Vibrate [Release Rec.]; Critikal's Request
3. Dibbs: Memphis (Graflin's Acid Detox) [Vinylholic Rec.]; Dedicated to Clifton
4. Madagascar: You're Beautiful (JCB Rmx) [Coda]; Clifton's Request
5. DJ Santana: Take Me Away; Haven's Request
6. Fluke: Zion [WEA International]
7. Fairmont: Gazebo [Border Community]
8. Kosmas Epsilon: Feed Me Acid [Shame]
9. Ulrich Schnauss: Million Miles Away [Gran Turismo 4 Orig. Game Soundtrack]

Thanx for the calls, Hitchhikers! Some weeks I get 1 call. This week I got several. It's nice to hear feedback & play requests. You can also request something by Email in the middle of the week to help me locate the music before the weekend @:
projectskyhook@hotmail.com
I had a concerned listener call me at the station last night. He was wondering if I was going to play DnB all night because it's not his cup of tea. One thing I can defintely promise the audience is that I'm going to do my best to keep the program well balanced. You've probably figured out by now my favorite genres of music that I love to play. However, I do like to listen to most forms of dance music, & I feel I have a responsibility to promote as many as I possibly can. Next week, for example, I've considered starting out with deep house music. I might also play a couple compilations. Both Memphis producers/DJs, Graflin & The Sky Patrol, have new mixed compilations that I'd like to share. Plus, Justin Hand (another talented Memphis DJ/Prod.), gave me his Shock Absorber Mix of Peter Gabriel's "Shock the Monkey" last night when I went to The Dish (the cool club that he spins at). I plan on playing Mr. Hand's mix this Sat. on WEVL. I can't wait . . .

5 comments:

The Sky Patrol said...

Great show Buddy, I like that you're keeping this blog updated regularly. You're really going to be able to connect with you're audience this way.

I have a request... I was looking forward to hearing Andrea Doria - YaoO! (Minilogue Remix). I just knew you would play it Saturday... no dice. Maybe this week?

Buddy said...

Sorry about that John. It was a matter of, "Where the heck did I put that CD?" The ans.: left upside down on my desk at home. Yeah. Hmm. I wasn't happy about the situation either. There's always this Sat. though, right?

Unknown said...

Hey Buddy,

Diddto what Sky patrol said. the blog is a great additin to the show. Thanks for the extra effort

-Graflin

Unknown said...

Next time, maybe I'll preview the post first!!! Ack!! Sorry for the crappy typing.

Buddy said...

Ain't no big thang but a chicken wang, G! I love this idea that my audience came up with.